Daniel Eboli´s "Sapiens Ludens"

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Artist:stofer

Title: on fire..
Genre: HipHop : Christian Rap

If you are reading my recent reviews you will think now I am repeting myself.

No lyrics in the song page? I wonder why? Why an musical author would not post the lyrics? Huh?

I Do not know but I will keep alerting them. I miss the wroten lyrics, it makes a big difference to me. Reading the lyrics can show me a lot of things that probally will pass unnoticed just hearing the music.

This is a simple piece. Nothing much happens, perhaps it is just perfect like this, why complicate? It is all about the message. The music here (I guess) is just a comunication medium. The beat is ok, kinda repetitive but this is normal in the style.

At 1:05 something nice happens, it is like an answer machine recording, very clever, I like it a lot. The lofi effect on the voice is nice. This effect appears ocasionally in the song. The sound designs for the "stop/play buttons" are very well puted, you think about an answer machine right away. Well Done.

I think thatthe fire here have two meanings:

1st: The fire that burns out your sins if you accept God(?) in your heart. I will not judege anything here, I am not a religious person.

2nd: The fire from hell when you are burning there. This one must hurt I guess.

Not a particular excellent song but, at least, have a true and meaningfull message, rare thing in the rap music nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment