Daniel Eboli´s "Sapiens Ludens"

Monday, November 30, 2009

Artist: D Dash Flow

Title: I Will Die 4 You
Genre: HipHop

The last review I made here (Colin´s future past) was a tough one for me.

Here with D Dash we have a good example about a song that is not my taste at all but I can see good things on it.

I am not here just to judge what fits to my taste but to provide a honest review in the musical and technical aspect.

Technically it is not bad. It is not particular fantastic but everything is there. The sound is nice, bright and clear. You can hear everything and everything is well put, so to speak. The sounds choice of the instruments are nice. Not spectacular but nice.

The song begins with a nice female voice and an ambiental/orchestral like enviroment.

Soon the beat enters along with the voice.

What to say about the vocal performance?

Well I do not like it. It appears to me that the vocalist is too shy, afraid of the microphone. This is my first impression.

Breeding is also something that I can perceive. It is bad. The vocalist is not breeding properly. First step to be a good singer is to know how to breed properly.

Also the message in the lyrics means nothing to me, makes not much sense.

Anyway, I Do not like death. I will die for noone. Never.

For my luck, the author post the lyrics in the artists page. That´s nice, I appreciate.

Well produced track but need serious improvement on vocal performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment