Daniel Eboli´s "Sapiens Ludens"

Monday, November 23, 2009

Artist: Jerry Santos

Title: Brainwasher
Genre: Metal

Here is a well engineered tune from a very nice Metal project.

It appears to be compositions produced by Mr. Santos mostly.

Also containing a little help from his fellows musicians from the band "Fear Itself".

I know that Mr. Santos is playing all guitars here. Great guitar work, I must say.

Excellent riffs with a powerfull sound. Everything you need in a metal guitar production. Very nice.

I enjoyed very much the guitar and drums work a lot. I cannot hear the bass. It is probably there but, as usual in the genre, you cannot hear it.

It is not clear to me if Jerry Santos is also singing here. I have to say this is the weak point of the song.

It is not particularly well sung, on the contrary, it is very bad vocal work.

It could be an excellent song but the voice is preety much jeopardizing what could be an excellent metal song.

That said, I have to say that the effects on the voice are not helping either.

It could be better if the voice was muted or the vocalist assassinated.

Jokes apart, perhaps Mr. Santos could find a decent rock singer for this piece.

Good metal song with a terrible voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment