Daniel Eboli´s "Sapiens Ludens"

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Artist: Bright Midnight

Title: Don't Eye Me Like A Child
Genre: Alternative Rock

I had a hard time to figure out how to classify this song. The author put it under "Alternative / Post punk". I cannot agree with him. I cannot see punk ements on it.

It is very musical and have a nice groove. I think it fits best in rock category.

Drum work here is excellent!! Performance and sound.

Everything here is just great, voices, guiatrs, keyboards, everything.

A great song in my opinion.

It got that 70´s flavour in the way it sounds. Reminds me a bit the lisergic progressive bands.

The lyrics are also great:

"...the years
they've gone by
they've gone the way of planes and trains
just wandering around from place to place

my statements they should dream
the colors that they see
should reflect who im supposed to be
because being friendly aint so easy anymore

dont eye me like a child
cant you see me in the wild
oh i've had enough of teasing
because being friendly aint so easy anymore

and the villains
they're calling
they're calling in the earliest of hours
just trying to save some face..."


Excellent work. A must have.

Really alternative stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment