Daniel Eboli´s "Sapiens Ludens"

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Artist: Luke

Title: Speechless(The Veronicas cover)
Genre: Rock

In the song page the author post this: "It's a cover. I rearranged it a bit, guitars and drums are my composition."

Well, reviewing a cover song is not confortable but since I Do not know the song nor the band I will treat it like it was a song composed by Luke. I Do not know if it is a famous song or not. I hope the author got the proper authoral rights authorization.

It is a balad, a love song. I admire very much love songs, they are very dificult to sound good. It is work for a just few.

I like very much the chords progression and the clean guitar sound. Talking about guitars the solo is great, sound and notes (must be the normal from Luke). One thing I must say about the guitars is the overdrived sound hat appears in the refrain: it is bad. Does not sound at all like a overdriven guitar. It is bloody digital and weak. Performance is fine, minor erros here and there but it is fine.

The arrangements are simple, he is not trying to impress the listener, I like that.

Perhaps the drums could have significative less open hihat, too much in my opinion, but the drums sounds nice.

The voice here reminds me John Lennon a bit, like a nasal tone doubled voice, very nice. It is a bit out of tune here and there but nothing bad.

One thing that bothers me a looooot is the low voice that enters ocasionally. I will cut it out, garbage can. The song will breed a lot more.

A nice song for those who likes love songs, like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment