Daniel Eboli´s "Sapiens Ludens"

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Artist: Conté Feat. Miras

Title: PlayBoy
Genre: Hiphop

This song was released exclusivelly at this site.

Conté is a Hiphop artist from Sweden who was born in Sierra Leone.

The intro is very interesting, it is like something hindu. There is an exotic flavour. It is a shame it lasts only 3 seconds.

Soon a Hiphop beat enters and it becomes a regular hiphop song with some exotic elements on it.

Two things you notice here: the scales used in the strings (minor harmonic, I am guessing) wich gives an especial exotic colour and a Darbuka percussion(i am guessing again). Those two elements gives the exotivness of the piece.

Vocal performance is ok.

After listening 5 or 6 times in a row I was actually liking it.

It is obviouslly greatlly produced. Excellent engineering skills behind it, no doubt. Cheers for the producer Miras wich is also singing along with Conté and Merre (I am guessing once more)

I would like to see more info posted in the artist page, like the lyrics for example. I can not understand 100% of what they are singing. Also ther are very few info about the artist, could be more.

I think it could be more profound in the meaning, this thing about "shake that ass" and this kind of machism stuff means nothig to me.

If you are the "guns and hos" type, this is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment