Daniel Eboli´s "Sapiens Ludens"

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Artist: Artificial Wonders

Title: We're Gonna Need A Bigger Gun (DoV)
Genre: Electronic : Games Soundtrack

It appears to me, by what is said in the artist page, that this is the boss theme for a game named "Dove of Valour".

It is epic and tense.

I have the impression that the strings could be better. Sounds too electronici to me. Perhaps it is just the intention of the author. I can understand that.

The theme rolls untill 44 seconds , when I assume something happens in the game. After that it became chaotic and intense. The main theme is played with a lot of detune.

It is dificult to judge a game soundtrack without knowing what the game is about.

Anyway I have to be honest here.

The piece is not fully working for me.

Perhaps it could be less repetitive.

Maybe some modulation (change of key) and some other harmonic fields added (ie. the chords progression)

Overall sound is good, clear and bright.

Nice FX also.

It could have an ending too, the fade out is just too obvious.

Anyway, it is a nice job.

Perhaps it is just a matter of taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment