Daniel Eboli´s "Sapiens Ludens"

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Artist: Thomas J Marchant

Title: Baby, You're In The Wrong
Genre: Alternative : Shoegaze

Mr. Marchand is a peculiar composer.

I know I can´t expect pristine sounding tunes from him.

I am begining to accept him better everytime I listen to his songs.

This time is not different.

At the first listening I did not like the way it sounds. Too dense.

But after three or four listenings I begun to enjoy the experience.

Mr. Marchand is not a particularly good singer but I have to say he got an unique style and timbre. The lofi taste that stays in his voice with the processes he uses, the long and dense reverb, the equalizer design, add a characteristic to the voice that is hard to pass unnoticed.

Hearing closely you can note the confidence in his voice.

The lyrics he is, as usual, a very intimate and personal experience of the author:

"...you call me all sorts of things
when my name is just thomas
it always hurts
because i'm only ever honest

with each passing day
you just give me sh**
and let me tell you
i don't like it one bit

and i know that
you're in the wrong
but it never hurts to say
i'm sorry..."

The music is nothing special but the voice and the lyrics are unique.

Another interesting piece from an unique artist.

Looking for something different?

You just found it here.

It is Thomas J Marchand.

By the way, what the hell is a shoegaze??

No comments:

Post a Comment