Daniel Eboli´s "Sapiens Ludens"

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Artist: Big King (US)

Title: Badazzled Blue Eyed Dreamer
Genre: World

Here is a dificult one for me to review.

Quote from the song´s page: "A song I wrote for my daughter when she was 9 months old. Its written from her point of view - what she feels and dreams about as she explores her world. Emotions like wonder, amazement, happiness, fear, frustration, confusion, elation and peace."

How can I say it is bad?

After reading that, I think it really got a childish flavour. The simplicity is working and it is a very musical piece.

I have to be honest and say it is not working for me.

It sounds to my ears like restaurant music. What can I do?

Anyway, being musical is a lot more that we can say about the music of today.

I think a child could understand this piece and like it.

Perhaps not for me, I am too rough with my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment