Daniel Eboli´s "Sapiens Ludens"

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Artist: Bright Midnight

Title: American Prayer
Genre: Rock?

The author put this song under the genre "post punk". I don´t agree, I think it is a rock song in the vastness of the genre, of course.

I usually like Bright Midnight songs. I like this one aswell.

Perhaps the sound is a bit too dense in this case.

Perhaps the effects are just too much.

But it is not a bad song, really. On the contrary it is a nice piece of composition. Excellent poetry:

"...oh virtuous man, your wasting time
before she drives away in the cold dark night
oh gorgeous girl, its no trick
let him show you how much he cares

can you see these hopeful hands
they're ready to make their final stand
can you read the ridges and grooves
oh render me gentle, render me smooth..."

Got that unique british flavour from Bright Midnight, despite the fact he is an american guy according to his SC profile.

You will have here his unique sound, unique playing, unique vibe.

Very nice work from an unique artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment