Daniel Eboli´s "Sapiens Ludens"

Monday, January 11, 2010

Artist: Simone Stella

Title: Suite by Georg Friderich Handel
Genre: Classical

First of all, Simone Stella is a guy.

Natural from Italy, he got an extensive and impressive bio. Check out at http://www.onclassical.com/artists/stella/

I have some pros and cons about this artist:

The music:

Perfect! Excellent interpretation, greatly performed. Technical expression is absolutely flawless. Perfectly performed.

Also, if it is not enough, it got tons of feeling. You can really hear an expression of the soul here.

It is not music for everyone, no. I believe you have to have a lot of knowledge to understand those pieces, wich are great buy the way.

Worth the listening but...

Technology:

The mp3 sounds baaaaaad! ( baaaaad means very bad really)

The streaming is a mp3 at 96khz. Could work for hiphop or pop music, but for classical...hummmm...it doesn´t work.

The author kindly request this review and I am honoured to be contacted by such a talented musician. I feel obligated to be honest.

Why someone would request a review of bad sounding songs? I wonder...of course it will have an influence at the opinion of the listener.

Also there is this annoying voice at the end of each song: "This is an audio file by bla bla bla...". Doesn´t help either, I think I know where I am listening to the songs, I don´t need to be reminded. After 15 songs I just wanted to kill her.

Excellent interpretation by an excellent musician in horrible quality streaming at a terribly bad maintained web site.

Comon!!! 96K files? For classical music?

Give me a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment