Daniel Eboli´s "Sapiens Ludens"

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Artist: Stealthspectre's Experimental Insanity

Song: Enigmatic Passenger
Genre: Electronica/Ambient

The lyrics are cool. It allows you to imagine what is being said. You can create your own history about it. So many interpretations.

The song begins with a pad. Then there is a eletronic steel guitar and the voice.

The author claims he is not a singer and his musical skills are limited. Well, I have to agree with him, no offense.

But, somehow the harmony, the chords progression is inusitated. I see here material for a good composition but I think it has to be lapidated.

I think the author need help from a musician to help him make the song a more relevant experience.

Then a electronic beat enters and the song keep going with the same elements, same melody, same harmony. I think the song is urging to something new to pop up. Maybe a second part with a differnt harmony/melody, I dont know.

But in the end, after listening to it about 10 or 12 times in a row, the overall result is unusual but not unpleasant.

The author is seeking his sonority, I can see that, clearly.

He is in the right way but there is still work to do.

I will give it 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment