Daniel Eboli´s "Sapiens Ludens"

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Artist: Cam's Even Song

Author: W. Cameron Bastedo
Song: Aliens & Strangers
Genre: Acoustic/Alternative

The author put the song under under "Pop Rock" genre. It doesnt really make any good for this song in particular. It is not a pop rock song at all!

The author also told me: "...The song is actually based on a verse from the Bible and was written and recorded to help my Grade 11 students memorize that particular Bible verse..."

Well, I have the particular hability of seeing angels since I was a little boy but I am definitely not a religious person. Ok then, I hit the play button, a drum pattern begins the song.

The drum pattern is not particularly good or bad but it makes me think: "It will be something bad". Do you know when you are listening to a song for 3 secs and you already know if you like it or not? That was the case, I didnt like the drum intro and the keybopard melody before the voice enters. An acoustic guitar that made me not wait for anything cool. I was waiting to hear some nasty, unpleasant singer.

Then the voice enters and ... wow!

WOW!!!

This is a great example of how the voice could be important and completely erase all my "preconceived" opinion about the song.

The singer is absolute great! It is a wonderfull, wonderfull vocal performance. Reminds me Simon and Garfunkel a bit. It remainds me Beatles aswell.

And the lyrics are absolute amazing, I didnt knew a Bible verse that talks about aliens, Here is:

"Dear friends, I urge you,
as aliens and strangers in the world,
to abstain from sinful
desires, which war against your soul.

Cast off the load of sin,
Rise up and follow him,
Find out where life has bin,
When you believe in him. "

This is very cool! This is awesome.

Mr Bastedo, you are really very near to God. Your music is perfect!

Keep it up!

I will give it 5 stars...no....1000 stars!

*Daniel presses the "5 star button" repeatedly

No comments:

Post a Comment